Zucchini Turkey Burgers!


I found this recipe at SkinnyTaste.com and I had to try it!...I'm not a great cook so I was VERY surprised how good these turned out! They are super easy and make for a great meal prep meal for dinners and lunches :)


Ingredients:


1 package of ground turkey
1 zucchini (grated)
1 Tbsp of chopped red onion
1/4 Cup of whole wheat or low sodium bread crumbs
1 Clove garlic (grated)
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
Pinch of pepper
*I tried adding Cilantro the 2nd time I made these :) Spice it up!

Tomato Salad:

Chopped tomatoes
Chopped red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
Splash of balsamic vinegar
*cubed mozzarella bites optional 


Directions:

-Grate the Zucchini and Garlic ----Ok funny confession --- First time I peeled my entire zucchini because I didn't read the directions correctly...didn't come out so well...oh my novice chef skills!
Trust me, Grate it- it's better!!

-Chop red onion

-Mix in bread crumbs, pepper, salt, chopped onion in a large bowel and mix

-Make into 5-6 small patties on a large plate and flatten out

-Heat a skillet or large pan on the stove to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray ( I use Coconut Oil Spray)

-Place about 3 patties in the skillet and cook 4-5 mins on each side

-You can make the Tomato Salad for the top like I did using chopped red onions, tomatoes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. 

-Or you can simply add whole wheat bun, ketchup, or sliced avocados :) 

ENJOY!!



Nutrition info from SkinnnyTastes.com:
(I didn't use salt so sodium may vary) 

Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 burger • Old Pts: 3 • Weight Watchers Points+: 4

Calories: 161 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 18 g • Carbs: 4.5 g • Fiber: 1 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 385 mg • Cholesterol: 65 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment