What's for dinner?!....

How About Tex-Mex Pitas! 


I have 3 key criteria for what makes a GREAT dinner:

1) Is it easy/quick to make? 

  • Those who know me well know I'm not much of a "cook" and my weeks are SUPER BUSY!

2) Is it Tasty
  •  I think this is a no brainier for anyone's dinner...
  • This one completely hit that mark!

3) Is it Healthy
  • Yes, I'm a health nut
  • I love colorful dishes
  • I love anything that resembles Mexican food! :)


I whipped these bad boys up tonight in literally  10 mins.....and they were De-LISH! I got my Tex-Mex fix in guilt free tonight! 

These are also very Budget-Friendly! So NO EXCUSES for you guys who think eating healthy is too expensive!



Ingredients:

-Diced Tomatoes

-Corn (I used low-sodium canned corn)

-Black Beans (low-sodium canned)

-Fresh Cilantro 

-Avocado 

-Whole-Wheat Pita Pocket


-**Non-Vegan Options!

  •  Add in low fat cheese if you like cheese!
  • Add in ground turkey meat with low-sodium taco seasoning 
  • Add in sliced chicken 
  • Add in Fajita-style steak 



How TO Assemble:

These are literally soooo easy to make it's ridiculous! 

-Mix black beans, corn, and tomatoes in a Tupperware (HINT - you can use these as your healthy lunch all week!)

-Break up cilantro leaves and add into the mix

-Scoop desired amount into whole-wheat pita pockets

-Add in slices of avocado to the top


ENJOY! 







No comments:

Post a Comment